Thank you for visiting woobe.co.uk (our “Site”) which is owned and operated by The Jobs Board Company Limited (“us” or “we”). Woobe is a careers and networking platform dedicated to supporting women within the workforce. Our mission is to improve gender diversity and gender parity.
These terms (together with the documents referred to in them) (the “Terms”) govern your use of our website, whether as a guest or a registered user.
Please read these Terms carefully before you start to use our Site, as these will apply to your use of our Site. We recommend that you print a copy for future reference.
Other Applicable Terms
If you are a business customer who registers to use our Site, our Standard Terms and Conditions of Business will apply to such registration and use.
Changes to These Terms
Please check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we have made, as they are binding on you.
Changes to Our Site
We may update our Site from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our Site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
We do not guarantee that our Site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
Accessing Our Site
We do not guarantee that our Site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our Site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our Site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our Site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of our Site, or our entire Site, to users who have registered with us.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our Site.
Your Account and Password
When you register with us you will choose a username and password that is unique to your account. You must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may use our Site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our Site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation, including in any way that is fraudulent.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- In any way that breaches another person’s intellectual property rights.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our Site in contravention of the provisions of these terms.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our Site;
- any equipment or network on which our Site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our Site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
Uploading Content to Our Site
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our Site (a “contribution”), or to make contact with other users of our Site, you must comply with the Content Standards set out below.
You warrant that all contributions comply with the Content Standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty.
Any content you upload to our Site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all your ownership rights in your content, but by providing content to the Site, you are granting us and other users permission to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties.
We have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our Site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We have the right to remove any posting you make on our Site if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the Content Standards.
Our website may include information and materials uploaded by other users of the Site. This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users on our Site do not represent our views or values and we will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other user of our Site.
You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
These Content Standards apply to any and all contributions you may make to our Site, including, without limitation, any job advertisements, and to any interactive services associated with it.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Suspension and Termination
Failure to comply with these Terms may result in our taking action against you, including but not limited to:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our Site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our Site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings including to obtain reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
Intellectual Property Rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our Site, and in the material that is published on it by us. Those works are protected by copyright and worldwide intellectual property laws. All such rights are reserved.
We do not accept liability for any content or material of whatever nature that is uploaded to or shared on our Site that is not uploaded by us, regardless of its provenance.
You may print off copies, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our Site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our Site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of our Site in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics of ours separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our Site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of our Site for commercial purposes without our prior consent.
If you print off, copy or download any part of our Site in breach of these Terms you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made.
No Reliance on Information
The content on our Site is provided for general information only. Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our Site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our Site is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
We are not responsible for any content which is not published by us and have no control over content of any third party websites or resources linked to our Site.
We cannot guarantee that our Site will meet your requirements.
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our Site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our Site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our Site.
In particular, we will not be liable for loss of income or revenue, loss of business, loss of profits or contracts, loss of anticipated savings, loss of data, loss of goodwill, wasted management or office time or any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, provided that this condition shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the categories set out above.
We do not guarantee that our Site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You should use your own virus protection software. We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of service attack, or other technologically harmful material.
We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our Site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Linking to Our Site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our Site in any website that is not owned by you.
Our Site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our Site other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
If you wish to make any use of content on our Site other than that set out above, please contact email@example.com.
Jurisdiction and Applicable Law
The English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to our Site, although we retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these conditions in your country of residence or any other relevant country.